Sunday, May 07, 2006

Al G. Barnes Circus 1937 Program #7


This is an old Ringling-Barnum picture they rehashed for the program but is quite impressive if it's the first time you've seen it.

Big crowd at the club last night, lasagna served in the dining room. I was seated next to Dr. Brown who is the new Director at the Circus World Museum. Highlight of the evening was the recognition of Mary Ruth Herriott's birthday.
An added bonus was the late arrival of CHS members Fred Pfening, Paul Ingrassia, Steve Flint, Jim Elliott, John Goodall and my introduction to Bob Cline (all Blog Site contributors) whose Convention is day and dating us and will host the Sunshine Boys later this afternoon.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know what these post I am planting remind me of. Of course 12 foot tall and six inches by six inches is not near the size of the poles in this photo. But I am doing this by my self with one helper when he can show up. I need a good Circus Crew. We would have this thing build in hours not weeks. Rain would not stop us thats for sure. Some times I think we forget just how important that tent crew was and is to the circus. Thanks crew guys.