Friday, January 10, 2014

1936 Joe B. Webb Circus #4



My second year on tour!
Jimmy Hamiter often told the story of my sudden illness and my mother taking me to the Woodcocks in Hot Springs for recovery during which time both he and my dad would occasionally enjoy an occasional repast.. 
He said they shared a bit of animosity towards Jack Hoxie and one day my father announced, "Ladies and gentlemen, what you've all been waiting for! Someone who needs no introduction.....direct from Hollywood.....a man admired by the gentlemen.....adored by the ladies.....and worshiped by all the children.....the one and only........JOE HOXIE!
This led to a slight scuffle in front of the bandstand.
After our return from Hot Springs, law and order was immediately restored.

1 comments:

Chic Silber said...


With the artistic touch of Babe