Saturday, September 29, 2012

.....from whence no traveler returns. #1


I mentioned my Dad's funeral in yesterday's rant to Harry Kingston, no doubt one of the coldest and most miserable days of my life.
As the graveside service ended and we were leaving, a Taxi-Cab came skidding through the gateway of the cemetery and out popped Aunt Nellie, she had struggled through several flight cancellations on her way from Iowa and made it with no time to spare. She and I walked back to the grave, they reopened the casket, we paid our final respects then it was all out and all over.

1 comments:

Harry Kingston said...

Buckles,
It was no rant to me and thank you so much for sharing all this with us fans.
Memories we all will never forget.
Carson and Barnes played Beaumont and my Dad came out to the lot and that was real rare for my Dad as he was NO circus fan like I am.
He met D. R. Miller and D. R. told him your son is manager for the day and how excited I was.
Harry in Texas