Friday, March 28, 2008

To Paul Macarthy (From Wade Burck)


WB01, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

Paul, Charly gave me this "priceless" letter in 1984. He said he met Mr. Walton in, I believe 65-66 at the Garden. He was personally invited to go to Rewa as the Maharajas guest, but due to the heavy performance schedule of Ringling Bros. he was never able to accept. Can you imagine that. This was "The" Maharaja when almost all of the white tigers in the world were still in Rewa at the palace. I also don't want to give you the wrong impression of Jackies importance in the promotion of all tigers, white and normal worldwide. At the time I knew him, until his death, he was also President of World Wildlife Fund India, and introduced me to another dear friend, Mr. Arjan Singh who authored a number of books, documenting the first introduction of a captive born tiger back into the wild. I do admit I enjoyed introducing Jackie to Charly, as an actual by God Maharaja and not an employed secretary like he knew. LOL
Wade Burck

0 comments: