Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bill Woodcock and "Major" 1928


Scan000011017, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

I never knew an elephant man that didn't want a big male elephant.
My dad continually explained to me about their danger and warned me to have no dealings with them.
All of a sudden a young male, less than a year old, was delivered to the Hugo quarters and he couldn't keep his hands off the little fellow. I forget the year but he became the first of many "Oberts".
After we left to go on the road we heard that he gotten sick and died. I remember my father saying, "We should have brought him with us".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buckles,
You got that right. As I have mentioned in the past, there is something magnetic/magical about them. I could surely see how they might end up hurting you. I can bet it would have been my fate if Nic was still around. They are truly special.
Wade Burck

Anonymous said...

Take a look at Major's watchful eye, on the cameraman.