Saturday, June 24, 2006

A Good Break!

Shannon's days as a commuter are over, his room is all set up and starting Monday he will be working for Brighthouse out of his home. The Company issued a special phone line, computer and head set. Not only does it eliminate the drive to St. Pete five days a week but enables him to add two hours of work each day to his income.

In a related matter, I have recently received some excellent pictures from D. Hoffman ranging from the Cole Show in the 30's and 40's to movie and TV stills but was unable to move them from the eMail file to "Hello". Shannon took one look at the situation and tried to explain to me things like "GPEGS", etc. but to make a long story short, he says it will only take a few minutes to adapt things and I will be able to send them out starting tomorrow.

4 comments:

24-HOUR-MAN said...

I have to say this computer thing is a humbling experience, makes one feel like an idiot! I told someone the other day, I'm not "computer illiterate", just "computer stupid".

Down the Road by Jim said...

I prefer to think of myself as a "loose cannon on the web" or what ever we're on -- moving fast,no particular direction , and very dangerous !

Anonymous said...

Mr. Woodcock,

I just recently recieved an e-mail by someone who is desceneded from
William"Elephant Bill" Newman.
Would you have some info concerning his career?
I know he was with the Barnum&Bailey show in 1882,
and was sent over to the London zoo
to bring back Jumbo.
Where was he born and how to he get started with the circus and elephants in particular?

Buckles said...

Sounds very interesting!