Thursday, February 16, 2006

To Bob C.


This is a 7-act Barbara and I worked, a double pyramid with a hind leg walk passing between.
With so many calves born up at the Stud Farm, Ken & Nicole could easily duplicate something like this, in fact the program cries out for it but it requires a ring.
I have a Bob Sabia tape showing Walter McLain appearing in a benifit show at St. Martha's Church in Sarasota showing at least eight elephants in the ring and possibly more. These were bigger elephants and lots of traffic.

3 comments:

Bob Cline said...

Thanks Buckles,
The 7 elephant long mount on the tubs photo that I asked you to identify is now my background on my computer. Sadly but realistically, it is History that will never be seen in our lifetimes again.
All the best to you and the family,
Bob

Anonymous said...

As I recall this act, I remember hugging onto the trapeze net under the wall between the stage and the house. If I memory serves me correctly, wasn’t there a walking mount between the ring and the audience at the end of the act? It was completely breathtaking at the time, being inches away and focused on setting up the net in record time while Bud and the gang did that dumb levitation gag that they did so well. I only wish now I realized what I was witnessing back in those days. My attention was on the skillful tub twirling art that your crew needed to navigate through the sprinting elephants and Barbara of course.

Buckles said...

Minyak, Mala, Barbara, Josky, Sophie, Babe and Hope.