Friday, January 27, 2006

Showman's Rest


Well, yesterday started out OK, I was studying Shannon's Global Map at left and wondering if some guy in Indo China was saying "What in the Hell is a shrinking show" when everything suddenly fell apart.
After I managed to get the mud stories sent off the Computer went south to a point where I couldn't even receive an eMail. Out of frustration I turned the machine off and stomped around the house for a while then finally decided it was time they shipped me off to Oklahoma (as pictured above).
But eventually my usual good humor returned, I went off to get a hair cut and after returning I even practiced a few dance steps for tomorrow night's banquet in case the band should play music for a "Tango" or better yet the "Bunny Hug".
Eventually Shannon worked well into the night, re-did everything and swore by the Gods that stabilility had been restored. He even went so far as to send out the picture below as a test.

12 comments:

Buckles said...

We were in Hugo a few years ago regarding the sale of my mother's home and while there we decided to get our burial site taken care of.
We had already decided on the size and style but when I showed them the picture I wanted duplicated they explained that the detail wouldn't be that accurate unless they used Black Marble upon which the picture would be etched. They further added that it would have to come from a quarry in India.
I casually asked how much it would cost and after they picked me up off the floor, I thought it over for a while and decided to go for it.
As we were driving away in our bus I suddenly got this sick feeling that someone was on the phone saying "Hey Charlie, do we still have that black rock behind the garage? I think I got a live one!".

Anonymous said...

Its the Bunny HOP Buckles. I am still getting some glitches on the new beige paper. It will work out.

Buckles said...

No! No! my dear, that's what you young whipper snappers call it but in my day we did the "Bunny Hug".
You probably aren't aware that Ralph Hodgkiss died recently at the age of 98, best remembered as the composer of "That's What It's All About"
Attendants at the Funeral Parlor said they ran into trouble placing him in the casket when they tried to put his right foot in.

Anonymous said...

That was soooooo bad.

Anonymous said...

Only an Elephant man would call it the Hug. Anything to get to hold a woman close. I have a hard time getting my left foot out of my mouth. I will be 64 on the 24th of this month so I get to be a senior citizen too. Then I can jump in with both feet.

Anonymous said...

Buckles, you should worry about Shannon instead of John. What would we all do with out Shannon? I do hope you raised his allowence.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely. Shannon deserves a chest full of medals for service above and beyond the call of duty! He's doing a wonderful job.

Anonymous said...

In one of my houses over the years, the fireplace harth was made of medium size stones, cut and polished by the people I bought the house from. Everyone thought it was beautiful, but that was one of the things I was going to replace first. Glad I didn't. It grew on me. And it was something no one else had. Now it is a thing of beauty. Just like all of us from the circus past.

Anonymous said...

Buckles. I can't read the birthdates on this stone. Looks like yours is 1945 and Barbaras is 1944. TOO personal a question? You can e-mail

Buckles said...

Mine is 1965 and hers 1964. We were both in our teens when the video was taken.

Buckles said...

My birthday is in 4 weeks and we will both be 71.

Anonymous said...

I missed something alone the line. What is 1965 and 1964 video about? Your birth year was 1935 right? Mine is 1942 and I will be 64.