Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Poll question

Shannon here....

On the right is a poll. I'm planing on adding further to this web site. Most notably more video based multimedia. Now for those who have broadband (Cable, DSL or Wifi) will really get a kick out of this. But for the others still on dial-up, you will not be able to see the video unless you like waiting for a long while for it to download.

One thing I can do it make two versions of my videos - one for low speed - the video quality will not be that great but it's watchable. And high-speed where you will get the best video quality and it loads fast.

I will leave the poll up for a few days.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ads are in the way and I can not see how to vote. I am dial up, slow just like me.

TheShaz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TheShaz said...

Thanks - I corrected that.

Buckles said...

Christ Shannon! Don't cover up the ads I get a stipend for those.
Frank Curry thinks it's great that one side of the page it says "Buy Ringling tickets" and on the other it says "Show is lousy!".

TheShaz said...

Relax
Scroll down - the adds are still there - and they still get loaded everytime somebody visits the web page. Actually you get $$ when people CLICK on the adds.

Anonymous said...

I wondered how that worked. I even saw a peta ad there once. Its like buying your kids a TV and then telling them to go out and play. If we all click on the ads a whole lot. Will that pay for your tickets to the RBBB show?

Anonymous said...

Just click on the PeTA one a lot. Couldn't think of anyone better to pay Buckles! Let's not run up our friends bills unless we really need to use them.

Carl

GaryHill said...

Shannon your doing a Great job for your Dad! Gary

TheShaz said...

The AdSense is pretty slick - Randy pointed out to me 1st that Peta(People Eating Tasty Animals) were among the AD's. AdSense works by scanning the text in a web site - Naturally it's gonna find the word "Circus" all over the place and is the most repeated word. So we get Circus-Circus in Vegas ads and Ringling and a few theater ticket joints. Peta wants their ads along with that - but I am able to block their ads or any others.

Anonymous said...

EDDY MOTTA IN MASS LOVED YOUR NEW WEB SITE GREAT PHOTO AND GREAT NEWS COMMENTS ALWAYES LIKE TO LOOK AT OLD DAYS THANKS OLD EDDY MOTTA02740@AOL.COM