Sunday, May 29, 2016

#13 Oddities!

"Marie O'Day's Palace Car!".......Charlie Campbell Proprietor!
I was chatting with Charlie one day at his ticket box when we heard a shriek inside and he immediately jumped up and asked, "Did Marie move? and a young lady said, "Well I thought I saw her finger twitch!.....then Charlie asked for her name and address explaining the information would be sent to the Authorities in Salt Lake City where she had drowned.....then as soon as she walked away he wadded it up, threw it in the trash and we resumed the conversation.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember listening to Charlie as a kid when he was GM on Hagen Bros., a shopping center show in the fifties. Jimmie Stutz was the announcer and juggler, Swede and Hunkie Johnson were on the show, and I believe I remember Kinko being there. Of course there were others.

Marie, last I heard from Bob Blackmar, was sitting in a trailer in NC and is not in real good shape. Marie O'Day, was once alive, the same as you and I....

Bob Good

Roger Smith said...

You make a point here, ROBERT. She was a human being, and deserves to be respected to this day, wherever she is, and whoever her "owner" may be. Decent consideration will involve seeing to her respectful interment, even if it has to be compelled by local authorities.

Chic Silber said...


I thought I was told years ago

that she was a waxlike creation

I believe "The Last Supper" in wax

is mouldering in a truck somewhere

Bob Snowden was trying to sell it

not too long before he died