Saturday, May 30, 2015

1970 James Bros. #5



"Jackie", "Anna May", "Ellie", "Lovie" and "Suzy".
I trained these three little guys the winter of 1969-70 at the show's winter quarters.
"Ellie" had been previously trained by Wally Ross.
Six years later when I was at Circus World I got a call from Sid Kellner saying these three punks were for sale so I called Kenneth Feld and a deal was made and they were delivered in Oct. of 1976.
Upon arrival I immediately changed their names to "Louie", "Sid" and "Juno".
I asked Kenneth how much he had paid and he said, "More than I wanted to but less than he was asking!" probably the same thing he said when he bought the Ice Shows.

2 comments:

Ole Whitey said...

I met Sid in 1964 when he took little Ellie to an event at the Cow Palace. Was she the same Ellie who was electrocuted on Roller Bros years later?

Ryan Easley said...

Same one !