Saturday, February 28, 2015

Memories



I was once  scheduled to be guest speaker at the Ringling Museum 20 years ago but was called away suddenly due to the Blue Show train wreck and Johnny, seen here came to the rescue.
Reminiscent of an occasion 25 years prior to that when he was Performance Director of the Red Show and had me stand at his side next to the Band Stand and get my first look at Gunther-Gebel Williams.

With spotlights shining down on a large African Elephant, slowly turning on a tub, surmounted by a blonde guy astride a tiger I said, "Johnny, this is pretty strong stuff!.....and he replied, "Yes.....and I have to follow it with my little ponies!" 

3 comments:

Chic Silber said...


We are all anxiously awaiting the

information on whatever services

& memorial tributes will occur

for our dear friend John Herriott

Hopefully it will be posted here

Buckles said...

The Funeral Service will be Monday at 6;00 at Toale Bros. in Sarasota.

Chic Silber said...


Sure to be a straw house so get

there early or bring your straw

Toale is at 40 North Orange just

a block South of St Martha's