Friday, January 02, 2015

Circus Vargas #1



Here are the rest of the pictures from yesterday taken by Bill Biggerstaff.
This all came about in 1989 when we had Ben and "Anna May" booked on Big Apple, Chico and Karen with the rest of the elephants at Catskill and my wife and I with free time on our hands attending the CFA Convention in Columbus where Cliff Vargas was the featured speaker.
While there Cliff offered me a lucrative offer to come out to California to do some work on his elephants, I immediately called Rex and to my surprise said, "Hell yes! Come on out, sounds like fun!"
Seems like I was in quarters at Pico Rivera less than a month and a like amount of time on the road.

2 comments:

Chic Silber said...


The note that you sent along with

these photos said 6 weeks out in

Pico Rivera working on elephants

(not from my memory but I made a

copy of your calender & found it)

Chic Silber said...


The bigger trick was remembering

what file it was in