Monday, June 02, 2014

From John Lewis #1

I am the guilty one responsible for using the Beatty-Cole window card, and changing it to Lewis Bros. Circus. I changed the master card, and did it in blue and white. Neil Walters did the cards for us. They were cheaper than Enquirer.

Circus have been know to steal the others art works, sayings and ideas over the years. Enquirer simply changed the shows names on top, and used the same cards for Hoxie Bros., Lewis and Great American. I had the clown on the Hoxie cards changed to the Forest Freeland Clown. In my opinion, Freeland was the best Circus artist of my generation. Ray Dirgo was also good, and he did some posters for the Hoxie show and me as well.

If I were still in the business, I would be stealing art work and ideas from other shows again. That's show business.

John Lewis

0 comments: