Thursday, June 12, 2014

After Shows! #1



After running yesterdays Ben Hur pix I received this comment from 4PAWfAN.

"Lots of performances closed with races of all types and chariot races at the end. These lasted up into the 30's on the railroad shows with you seeing some still on a few truck shows into the 40's and 50's.
Modern day rodeos still carry this on in the form of chuck wagon racing."
p.j.


I well remember the races that concluded the Cole Show performances but don't recall any chariots.
Here are a couple of shots from before we were on the show, that's Mickey Freeman at left.

On a more personal note do you have permission from Dave Price to use the 4Paw moniker?
Buckles

5 comments:

Ole Whitey said...

P J has been using the 4Paw handle for years- I wouldn't dare try to stop him.

Buckles said...

"Buckles" is Registered!

Ole Whitey said...

I knew you were certified but I didn't know you were registered.

4pawfan said...

Sorry sir, I didn't know we had to be registered or certified....

Ole Whitey said...

Pete: You don't. I was just jerking Buckles' chain.