Friday, May 09, 2014

"Louie" #1


This is him in Ruskin a few months later, those little guys learn pretty quick.
Pick up the basics in a few days, respond to their name etc. come to think of it, these three were my first trainees.
They pick up the basics in a few days, respond to their name and so forth. After leaving the Ringling show ten years later I had lost count of the number.

On That subject, I received this lately:

Buckles - found your blog but finding an email address was another challenge... I'm checking in to see if you might remember me.

I worked for you for several months at Circus World in 1974. My nickname then was Cosmo. I had come in from Clearwater and while hitchhiking out to CW I met a person from South Boston and brought him with me. That person was Billy "One Eyed Bill" Bouthelier (sp?).

After a falling out with Billy (shortly after Gary left to take the herd at Hoxie Brothers), I got back on the road with Ringling where Billy and I caught up again when he was working for Gunther and I had become a rigger. Eventually I went on to join the Navy and complete a career as a sailor. Last time I was in contact with Gary and Billy was around sometime in the early 80's. Gary was at John Ascugua's Nugget in Sparks, NV at the time and this was after Billy's accident."


2 comments:

Buckles said...

Billy awaits us in Heaven while Gary now sits on the Board Of Directors at Feld Entertainment!

GaryHill said...

I remember you Cosmo..