Saturday, September 01, 2012

On the subject of family matters!



This was Aunt Nellie's next to last husband who left her a moderately wealthy woman, so much so I was named after him. Not long after however, a beef ensued and my mother scratched his name off my Birth Certificate and wrote in my father's middle name "Howard" which it was supposed to be in the first place.
Fast forward three quarters of a century and when I went to have my Drivers License renewed, they were checking everybody's Birth Certificate and when they discovered mine had been tampered with they issued me a temporary one until the matter was cleared up.
I asked the lady, "Where were you when I needed you? The Selective Service Draft Board didn't have a problem with it at all!
Anyway, after several trips to offices in Tampa the problem was resolved, I got my license and today all my official mail is addressed to William Hoogewoning Woodcock.


1 comments:

Chic Silber said...


Just think how close you came to

be called Hoogewoning instead of

Buckles all these years but then

again "Hoog's Blog" doesn't work