Monday, May 28, 2012

Jenda Smaha #1 (From Buckles)

05-27-2012 02;06;15PM by bucklesw1
05-27-2012 02;06;15PM, a photo by bucklesw1 on Flickr.

I'm glad this picture popped up during my latest discovery.
A few of you may recall my recent rant about my brief tour on Hagen Bros. Circus in 1957 with the Paul Kelly elephants.
This is a shot of Jenda working that show's elephant "Elsie" acquired from Kelly Miller.
He had only been in the country a year or so and his brusk attitude didn't endear him to many people however we became friends right off and remained so throughout his life.
He would often tell me about his experiences training elephants but having heard that song before didn't pay much attention.

3 comments:

Bob Good said...

Remember seeing Jenda at the museum back in the day. This is a test, Buckles, to see if my comments go through.

Bob Good

Roger Smith said...

BOB GOOD: Remember that great set of slides you gave me? OK if I post the shot of Pete the Porter?This in response to Bob Kitto's question about him.

Bob Good said...

Roger, no problem. That is a classic Pete show for sure.


Bob Good