Wednesday, March 28, 2012

From Erik Jaeger #1

Bailey%20Bros_%201948 by bucklesw1
Bailey%20Bros_%201948, a photo by bucklesw1 on Flickr.

Friend Buckles,
Hope this finds you and Barbara in good health and high spirits, and the rest of the family doing well. I remembered reading that your Dad worked the Bailey Bros herd, and thought you might enjoy this photo. I received it as a gift earlier this week. The inscription at the bottom left hand corner reads: To Showmen's Assn. From Paul Thomas 1948. On the back of the photo is noted El Monte, California 1948. I do not know if Paul Thomas was the photographer. The photo is a treat for me to have, as I remember throwing hay to three of the four girls pictured here, when Oscar Cristiani wintered them at Jon Tarzan Zerbini's place on Packinghouse Road in Sarasota many years ago. I also helped Carin with the walking long mount on the Hanneford show, when her and Philip would be topside.

I will be sending you a few photos of the Clyde Beatty railroad show that I was also privileged to receive. A big thank you to yourself, Shannon and all contributors for sharing so many wonderful photographs and historical tidbits.

0 comments: