Wednesday, September 29, 2010

From Hal Guyon #1


RBBB compressor, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

Buckles,
I found this last night while going through some things. My wife was working for the now defunct Insurance Company of North America here in Columbia. She got this letter which is a copy of the one sent to the Columbia Police Dept reporting the theft of the compressor. I don`t know if it was ever recovered, but I do remember seeing the compressors being pulled to the lot and not left at the train in the years after. The compressor was used to charge the brakes on the rail cars if I`m not mistaken. Anyway, I thought it was a interesting piece.

Hal Guyon

2 comments:

Chic Silber said...

Dan Kirby is a terrific fellow

He started as an assistant to Bob

Maio who was the director of both

purchasing & transportation

I'm sorry that I can't tell the

story of his departure (was good)

When he left the job was split up

& Dan took over purchasing & I

don't remember the name of the

guy they brought for transport

Dave Titus (whose wife Becky was

secretary to Kenneth) took over

when Dan left (another great guy)

Chic Silber said...

Seeing that 18th Street address

reminds me of several folks that

kept the office spinning & were

the conduits to the information

like Mary Dean who was Irvin's

secretary Becky Titus that I just

mentioned & I recently heard from

Stephanie Karpovich's daughter

who sadly told me of her mother's

death a few years back

Stephanie was the delightful young

lady at the front desk who got to

know where the bodies went