Saturday, February 27, 2010

Another Glitch!

I have the concluding pictures from the Chang Movie ready to go but for some reason, part of left column is missing and I'll have to wait until Shannon arrives. to restore order.
Speaking of glitches, I went to renew my drivers license recently, aware that changes had been made and more identification is now required. I have gone thru 75 years on this planet as William Howard Woodcock Jr. now after sending to Lancaster, Missouri, I find that the "H" actually stands for Hoogewaning, as an act of gratitude to Aunt Nellie's husband who had bank rolled the elephant seen in yesterday's birthday picture.
This deal ended with the elephant being repossessed, hard feelings and in retaliation Uncle Hoagie's name was marked thru and replaced with "Howard" as originally planned.
So to make a long story longer, my renewal was refused, a 30 day extension granted on my now expired license and yesterday afternoon was spent in Tampa at the Social Security Office getting that document squared away.
I complained at each office, "Where were you 55 years ago when I needed you? Despite these gross violations, the U.S. Government drafted me and sent my ass to Korea!

10 comments:

Jimmy Cole said...

Buckles, They must have found out you are a Republican, and are harrassing you. Us Democrats never encounter problems like that!

Anonymous said...

I think you can renew on line without the hassles.

Anonymous said...

For years the birth date listed on my Dad's license was Novenber 31, there are only 30 days in that month AND his birthday is actually the 27th. Eventually the computers caught up with him and his little fib.
Maria Vonderheid

Anonymous said...

You should have pulled the "race" card!

Anonymous said...

Better make sure the VA knows or they'll refuse you next!

Jimmy, that's because Dems. do not do things legally. Wonder what names were on the President's Czars tax forms?

Anonymous said...

Curious, the late owner of a local bicycle shop, called Hoagie's, real name was Hoogerhuis.

You can call him Bill or you can call him Buckles or you can call him Mr Woodcock, but you'll get in Dutch if you try to call him Hoogewaning.

Paul G.

Frank Ferrante said...

Imagine the respect and accommodations you would have received had you gone to their office with an elephant in tow! ~frank

Buckles said...

The Social Security lady said I should get my new card in about a week, so that leaves me only to provide proof of residency and my debt to society is complete.
I suppose this is being done to identify illegal immigrants.
Why I couldn't imagine.

Roger Smith said...

BUCKLES: In sympathy, I almost didn't start the 1st Grade, since at the time of my adoption, the clinic where I was born had burned down before my birth could be recorded. Minus a birth certificate, months of excited requests by my folks resulted in the great state of Texas conclusively documenting three dates of birth. One in March was finally chosen, and I started school.

Reminds me of Arky Scott, who had a tough beginning, and ran away from it, hardly concerned with paperwork, and never looked back. He told me, "Hell, I don't even know how old I am."

In re birth certificates, let's apply to Barack Obama and see what turns up on his.

Anonymous said...

Buckles...
Just goes to show you... when you get right down to it, all the gov'ment really wants is...
YOUR ASS!!!
:-)
Cindy Potter