Sunday, December 27, 2009

King of Hearts 14


King of Hearts 14, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

Alan and Genevieve is a rare moment of tranquility. After the threat is removed, all the townspeople return, causing the Duke to remark, “The joke has lasted long enough.” Taking the cue, the inmates all make their way back to the asylum.



THE KING OF HEARTS became something of a cult classic in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Many of you probably saw it back then, too. For those too young to have seen it, it is definitely worth requesting from your local library or through Netflix.

3 comments:

Ben Trumble said...

I remember that my girlfriend in high school saw King of Hearts (around 1974) and fell in love with Bates and ignored me thereafter. Very sad, as I likely paid for the movie ticket.

Anonymous said...

great flick i did see it when first came out . i wonder whos circus animals did they use ? cleanraul

Anonymous said...

Hello: Is this film even available? I thought it was privately owned and showings were very rare and when the film was rented it cost a very princely sum, thus it was rarely shown. Has this changed? I consider it one of the top 5 films that I have ever seen and I would love a DVD of it...
Neil Cockerline
Minneapolis, MN