Saturday, June 27, 2009

From Bob Cline

America's Elephants
A new e-Book about the elephants that crossed America for the last two hundred years is now available online at http://www.thecircusworld.com/americas-elephants
Bob Cline has been a circus performer and animal person who owned his own tiger act. Now a Circus Historian, who has written a couple articles published in the Circus Historical Society's Bandwagon and the Carnival Midway, his book is written for the general public to easily understand .
The first elephants to come to America begin to tell a story woven with a description of biological differences between the species, what elephants can and will eat, William P. Hall's farm, Circus Days, Tragedies that befell the elephants, the White Elephants, Jumbo, Zoos, Breeding and Conservation, an entire Chapter dedicated to the great professionals who gave their lives to caring for these magnificent animals and the Circus Organizations and Museums in America.
Enjoy the Amazing Stories of America's Elephants!

10 comments:

Jack Ryan said...

I click the link and just got back to the start of Buckles' blog.

Is it just me?

Bob Cline said...

It's Not just you. It happens to me also. I'm not sure why. Perhaps Buckles can have a technical support kind of person give us a better answer.
Bob

Chic Silber said...

I'm guessing that this Bob is

neither "Robert" nor "Bobby"

Bob Cline said...

Hi Chic,
You are correct. I am neither. I started out on Circus Kirk in 1973 and went from there.
Bob

Chic Silber said...

Hi Bob

I'm not sure if we have ever met

but I was joking about "Bobby"

as anyone who knew him would be

well aware he could not have

authored much at all and now that

I can see your photo I can tell

Best of luck with the book

I had gotten to know both of

the others and there is a cute

story about Bobby being confused

with Robert by a member of the

press that had arrived ahead of

Col Zinser for an interview and

the strange conversation that

occured before the Col showed up

Frank Ferrante said...

If you copy the following link and paste it in your browser it will take you right to the spot on the Circus World website.

http://www.thecircusworld.com/americas-elephants

Take care one and all! ~frank

Anonymous said...

hi,

Does any one know how many pages are in this e-book?....and are there pictures?

Sounds like a great new book to have.

Bob Cline said...

Good questions to ask! The book is a downloadable e-Book on the internet. It has 133 pages or 50,000 plus words. There are numerous color photos, black and whites, newspaper cuts and of course some of the grandest Circus Posters ever used in this country.

The Price is 9.95 and 1.00 from each sale goes to the OABA Animal Fund.

I hope you enjoy it.
Feel free to email me at tigeract@thecircusworld.com

Bob Cline

Chic Silber said...

Is there any chance that it might

get printed (with ink on paper)

for some of us throughbacks in

the near (or far) future

I'd love to see it but not on

a computer screen please

I would certainly be happy to

pay a higher price for it

Bob Cline said...

Those are indeed my hopes and prayers. Time will tell.
Bob