Monday, November 03, 2008

The Weigh-In......Week #26


Scan10251, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

From Anonymous:
This reminds me, uh hhum, this is Sunday and something is missing from the blog! cc

"Sharper than a serpent"s tooth!
My daughter came by early yesterday and we had breakfast at Bob Evans rather than go to Publix however I weighed today.

Today's weight............229 lbs.
Net Loss......................27 lbs.

I had the treadmill up to 2 hours daily (three 40 minute sessions) and was getting nowhere. As luck would have it the machine has started breaking down and stops working after 5 minutes and from that point on I have to supply all the power.

So I alternate walking 5 minutes with help followed by 5 going as fast as I can without help. At the end of the day I have walked half as much and sweated twice as much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buckle Cherie.
Great. wonderful. keep up the good job...
walk...is the ice breaking point,
dont push to fast, just walk.
you will do it,great.
sincerely mireille.

Wade G. Burck said...

Buckles,
In the world of treadmill subjugation, I believe operating it with out power, is known as a "power trick," ranking right up there with one foot stands.
Wade

Mike Naughton said...

Wade,
I got rid of my treadmill when I put it on full power and did a courbette over my own backside.
Pity I wasn't invited to Monte Carlo, it was a great trick.

Anonymous said...

Just a gentle nudge in case you forgot.....Congratulations!
That walking every day is terrific - if you changed nothing else and walked a mile a day it would be almost a pound a month - at least that's what happened the other direction when I quit.
cc