Tuesday, September 30, 2008

From Eric Beheim #3


Movin' On 1, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

In the ensuing chase scene we see "Anna May" following Barbara while both are chased by Officer Ben.

We were at Circus World in 1977 when I received a call from Irvin Feld saying that he had been contacted by a Hollywood Producer friend who was desperately trying to locate someone with an elephant to complete the filming a TV Show already on location in No. Carolina.
I told him I could have Barbara and Ben take "Anna May" up there but I would have to remain behind to run the shop.
They brought up a truck from Venice (you can see that the movie people painted over the RBBB logo in picture #2).

Buckles

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BARBARA!!! Mine was on the 28th of Sept. We are just getting better with age.
Ok yall...the real date of the trip and the filming was late August and early September of 1975. I have my big scrapbook in my hot little hands at this time and was looking over the photos and the date was Aug. 1975. Yep, I know so because of the date but also a more important reason at that time: Ben and I were newlyweds, having just been married one week when Barbara, Ben, Gary and Anna May left for Charlotte! Yep...our honeymoon. LOL WEll, Buckles did have to stay and hold down the fort at CW, but I got to fly up and was actually used in the crowd scene, where Anna May knocked over the "fire hydrant" and we were running for dear life as she was "chasing" after us down the sidwalk. The hot pink hat I had on and the pink outfit REALLY showed up on TV during the showing. Which was on September 30th, Barbara's Birthday, and a big party at their home that night. We had a blast then for sure! Ben was playing the cop...and since he had long hair, they had to pin it up and spray it down solid..hee hee. The pictures of us with him holding the gun (blanks, I hope) drinking beer on break was too funny. We were the local hometown heros! (enclosing photos to Buckles by email) Karen Glenn