Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Frank Murray Day #4


drunken horse, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

MIKE RICE AND DRUNKEN HORSE
Also on Cole are Mike and Carolyn Rice. Mike does a great drunken
horse routine as seen here in this photo with the imbibing equine.
Carolyn presents a charming dog and pony routine but she told me that
one of her first gigs was as a showgirl on Ringling about 15 years
ago. I discovered Mike got started on the Cristiani-Wallace show
about 1962. We figured he had probably blown the show by the time I
saw it in August of that year but he has fond memories of his first
season out. And Mike, I've dug out some photos I took of the show
that year which I'll send along to Buckles in a few days.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buckles...
let me say hi to Mike Rice. I always wondered what happened to him. We had some great times together back in the '70s. hopefully Mike can remember them better than I can.