Sunday, May 18, 2008

RBBB Quarters Winter of 1973-74


Scan000011236, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.


buckles,

so where did you end up putting the elephants?

bill powell


"We tied off picket lines under the pine trees behind the elephant barn.
We had to go out the front gate, around the front of the arena and past Charlie Smith's shop to get there.
Gunther and some of his men put up an old Red Show horse tent for my seven small elephants but one very cold night we had to walk the eleven big elephants back into quarters and let them stand all night in the ring barn while we sat on the ring curb passing that jug around that Gunther had bought."
Buckles

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had just finished Clown College and I was in rehearsal for the 73 'new' show that year. Hugo taught us to ride in CC and I spent the next 2 years riding Ronnie in Goober's '2001 - An Elephant Oddity'.

I remember some VERY cold nights and freezing rehearsals that year.