Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Allen Bloom (From Paul Tharp)


bloom, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

I am sending along a photo to you in memory of Alan Bloom. I snapped this in Washington,DC while unloading the Big One.
Paul Tharp


I have to say that Allen was the single most important mentor in my career. The relationships, work ethic, and joy for life he personified are the greatest gifts I could ever receive. The support and confidence he showed me personally have made a difference in how I treat and deal with others. Never one to knock you when you were down, Allen would lend a hand and pick you up. This is what made a truly great man. My love and condolences got to Susan, Cary, Randy, Carla, Candace and their families. Allen may be gone from this earth, but never forgotten. I like to think he is one of my angels....
Karen Swope

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen: So nice to hear your words about Allen whom we knew only slightly. But we remember you well and how wonderful and helpful you were to the Fans in the NY City area when the Big One came through. All best to you and our sincere condolences to the Bloom family.

Paul & Diane Gutheil

Anonymous said...

Karen,

Wonderful comments on our mutual friend and mentor. He was an true prince. I have no doubt that he is looking down on us now and must be very very proud.

bill powell