Friday, November 30, 2007

Buckelvis


Buckelvis, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

Hi Buckles,

I agree with "Eye Spy on Hugo/Sota's blog comment encouraging you to take JRN2's invitation to attend the Kelly-Miller opener.
His enthusiastic pitch,
"It would be like a circus summit; like the Pope visiting America; like the return of Elvis. The possibilities are endless."
led my active imagination to kick-in, and I wondered which one you might go as ... personally, I'd vote "Elvis".

(picture "buckelvis.jpg" attached)

Seriously, it'd be great if you could go.
You are an important part of circus history as well as a historian of it.
What a treat for a lot of circus fans and folks!

Sincerely,

Mark Lavender

"You might be on to something there! The Col. and I could go as the Blues Brothers. Might even incorporate it into our act.
Enough folly tho, I must not tax myself since tomorrow is the big day. In fact as I write this, the Showfolks Circus is rolling into Sarasota (I wonder if Jenny got a ring mat).
I may not be able to stay for the complete performance tho, I sense there may be a mad scramble afterward to get good seats at the Club for the latest episode of Divorce Court."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buckelvis has left the building.

Advance word regarding Divorce Court at the Club, those in support of the groom please sit on the right, those in support of the bride sit on the left...those supporting the BOY TOY belly up to the bar for high-fives and coronas.

This is better than Dirty, Sexy, Money...let's call it Dirty, Sexy, Sarasota.

Anonymous said...

Last night the 13 year old kid was playing Love Me Tender rather loudly on his electric guitar, not once, but dozens of times as he spiced it up. Fortunately CSI was in reruns (damned writers strike) so he avoided the wrath of his mother. Afterwards he announced, "I can so do Elvis."

Now of course I am reminded of just what Elvis looks like these days (circa 2008) wherever he may be hiding.

Anonymous said...

Elvis Is Alive, He Was Spotted In Ruskin Florida. VIVA HUGO!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Casey McCoy Cainan said...

I didn't get any of this,
Why is Mr. Woodcock wearing Wade's wardrobe? Where is Mr. Burck?

Anonymous said...

Elvis appears at my antiques mall every 4 to 6 weeks. He walks the walk, talks the talk and is very realistic. I asked his daughter why he has his hair so black and she said the she and mom have tried to get him to tone it down, but he insists that this is how Elvis would have wanted it.
Bob Kitto