Sunday, September 30, 2007

Kay Colleano


Scan000010248, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

In the center of the top row in this 1951 Kelly-Miller group picture is another of Mr. Colleano's sisters, Kay. On the left, are her five children and in the front row third from right, is her husband Danny O'Donnell.
In the middle row from L to R: 1. Tommy Thompson (Purchasing Agent) 2. Ben Thomas (24 Hour Man) 3. Jimmy Hamiter (Ticket Seller) 4. Peanuts McGee (Giraffe Show) 5. (Unknown) 6. Red Rumball (Pie Car Mgr.) 7. Tom King (Midget Horse Show).
Front Row: 1. Dick Scatterday (National Advertising) 2. Ione Stevens (Concessions Mgr.) 3 & 4 Mr. and Mrs. Mel Lewis (Side Show Mgr.) 5. O''Donnell 6 & 7 Madge and Tiger Bill Snyder (Equestrian Director).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buckles
My grandfather Robert Hall was on the Tiger Bill wild west show however it dates back a bit further than this photo.I believe My dad told me that Tiger Bill Snyder was the second genoration of this wild west show? This gent looks like the the same man Who my dad said he knew?
When I get home I will dig up a couple of old photos and send you. My grandfather was a halfbreed Indian with long braids and all.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful history Jimmy. Please do send the photos and info. Nice to hear that you have both European roots and American.

I understand that Tiger Bill was also a builder of show equip; truck bodies, ring curbs, etc. and would be quite prominent in wtrqtrs. getting the shows on the road.

His son, Leon would continue in the wild west-concert biz. until it fizzled out and last I heard he was driving a truck around the Ft. Myers-Punta Gordo area, but this was some time ago.

Anonymous said...

What a great picture and such a famous group of overland show people.