Monday, June 25, 2007

Unidentified (From Bill Schriber)


SchriberPics03, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.



These 3 photos I got from a dealer back when I was in high school in 1965, and while I don't have the source noted on the back of them I would suspect it was from the late Bob Sams, as I got a lot of them from him in my youthful collecting days. He thought it might have been Cole Bros. in the 1930s, which I did note on the back of the photos. The Dec 1965 date in the border of two of them was the date the copies were printed.



I believe I showed these to Chang Reynolds, who had a summer home near where I was living with my folks in California, and he thought perhaps they might be George, but if I recall he said the trunk up shot made it harder for identification, so he wasn't certain of this.



I was thinking perhaps you might be able to make a positive ID (sounds like police talk!) on him, and, better yet, recognize the handlers and/or the young lady who appears in one of them.



Any help would be appreciated and thanks so much for the blog -- Lord knows how much I enjoy it!
Best Regards'
Bill

0 comments: