Friday, June 01, 2007

Polcak Bros. Circus 1966 #8


SAVE2910, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

Last week at the Convention, John Herriott and I were asked if we ever had any wardrobe malfunctions in the ring. My biggest disaster happened in Reno while doing the trick above and with Slivers and Jo Madison in the audience.
After all three elephants were fully upright they would go into headstands with Barbara doing an "up and over" at right with "Opal" and on special occasions, if I wanted to show off, I would walk over to "Anna May" at left and do the same thing.
On this day when "Anna May" came down over me I felt a rip and when I came out the back I discovered that the seam in the crotch was torn all the way from eave to bail ring. All I had on were two pants legs.
The worst thing was that we had about five minutes remaining in the act. I tried to pull the cape around back but to no avail.
Afterward Slivers dropped by to compliment the act, ever the gentleman, he didn't mention the incident but I could see where he had been wiping the tears away from his face.

0 comments: