Thursday, June 14, 2007

From Robert Sabia

Dear Friends:
I am committed to present a six hour class (3-2 hour sessions) on the Golden Age of the American Circus later this year at the Christopher Wren Society of William & Mary College. Through the great assistance of a local friend, we have been doing some magic with b & w and color videos that represent the period 1898 to about 1950. Some very good material that will go a long way in delivering the message. In my introduction wherein I intend to discuss what the circus is all about, I would like to include the Trailer (preview attractions) related to the movie "The Greatest Show on Earth". I have the actual movie which I do not intend to use at all but as I recall the preview it had CBD narrating a five or so minute exposure to the movie. I only want to make a copy of this trailer and will promptly return same to the owner. Does anyone have an idea as to where should be looking for it.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Best
Robert F

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob Sabia,
Look no further. I have several formats of the production trailer.
I assume you are talking about the 6-1/2 minute trailer with Demille on screen and doing the narration.
I have a 16mm copy that I transferred to VHS years ago. It has several water marks through out but a good copy nevertheless.
I also have it taped from AMC several years ago. Nice copy also.
If by some chance you might have access to a 35mm movie projector, I also have it in 35mm format. I don't know how good the copy is as I have never screened it.
I could transfer the VHS copies to DVD if needed. Just let me know.
Dom Yodice