Monday, June 18, 2007

Circus Fans & Friends #7


SAVE2966, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

Here's one for all you Baraboobians. This picture taken in 1954 when our act was appearing at the Sauk County Fair.
Seen here with my mother are Bill Kasiska and Paul Luckey. At that pont I had no idea the Ringling Quarters still existed and was taken on a tour of the place and noted that the camel barn was packed with old automobile parts. One evening I went down town and saw "Ring of Fear" at the Al Ringling Theater.

As you can see, I talked my dad into having new headpieces made with the elephants names included. Big mistake. Nothing more annoying than having people yell their names all day. And as if that wasn't bad enough, with the exception of Groucho Marx, no one knew the name "Lydia" and I had to listen to "Hi Linda" all day.

0 comments: