Friday, May 18, 2007

Ringling-Barnum 1920's #1 (From Buckles)


SAVE2843, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

Unfortunately the format now in use doesn't allow this picture to be enlarged, I hope you can read the text. If not I'll try to type it out by hand later.
My dad saw this White Elephant in 1927, it appeared in the menagerie on a slightly elevated stage with a dark backdrop that attempted to accentuate it's whiteness, without much success.

Written in hand at the bottom of this picture is, "Dr. Saw D. Po Min and this fine white elephant were on the Ringling Show in 1927. They both died on returning to India in 1928."

(As a youngster when I first heard this, I immediately decided that Boris Karloff must have had a hand in their demise.)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The photos enlarge for me fine ,
BUT - you must click on the little magnifing glass icon on the upper left of the photo though .
All is well here .
Keep em commen