Wednesday, March 29, 2006

NY Times Review

Tho doing his utmost to be compassionate, Mr. Rothstein delivers the kiss of death to the Ken & Nicole Show when he states "This is no longer the Greatest Show on Earth as the Trademark has it."...."In Las Vegas the stage set for Cirque Du Soleil's "Ka" turns that recent arrival into a compelling contender for that hyperbolic title."
He then goes into a spasm of praise over the strong man who catches the cannon ball, an act that doesn't belong in either show since it requires endless dialogue to explain it. This act would have been a sensation in the RBBB Side Show in days past.
So Mr. Rothstein has convinced me that Soliel is the show to see.

NY Times Review

5 comments:

B.E.Trumble said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

The Blue Unit woes are starting to remind me of the total collapse of the SF 49ers, rushing head-long from the top to the bottom so fast, only the kindest sportswriters could still call them a viable football team.

If I was a very wealthy man who owned a certain circus, even if my accountants assured me that my new show was making more money than my old show did, at some point my ego would grow weary of these reviews and I'd be inclined to do something about it. John Ringling would have bought the Cirque, Mr. Feld doesn't have that option, so he can only fix what's broken.

Ben Trumble

Anonymous said...

does anyone know who works the elephants on the garden brothers circus?


thanks
Greg

Anonymous said...

see Corteo it's beutiful

Adam

Buckles said...

My favorite Soleil Show is "Menage a Trois".