Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Fred Logan

Just got back from Venice, Freddy is not well at all, in fact while we were there we were informed that they were moving him from the ReHab Center back to the Hospital. I fear he has developed pneumonia.
This was my first trip back to Venice in 27 years (and no doubt my last) so on the way back I picked up a throw-away camera and we stopped by the abandoned Ringling Quarters. We had the run of the place, drove right back to the ring barn, not a living soul around, everything pretty much in ruin. The elephant barn and clown prop shop are gone, I tried to take some pictures in the arena but it was pretty dark.
It appears to be frozen in time from the day the show moved out. If we were questioned by anyone I was prepared to say that we were personal friends of Dick Brown.
The final stop was at Gunther's statue, Jim took the picture while Johnny and I posed.
As soon as they are developed I will place them on the Blog.

8 comments:

GaryHill said...

Buckles, I've been at the lot Carson and Barnes is setting up today in Gun Barrel City and I will relay info to Tim Frisco. Hope you are OK with your Doctors appt.

Anonymous said...

Gary. Wish you were visiting the show next week when I finally get myself to TX. I'd like to meet you. Take plenty of pictures of Obert. He'll only be on the show for a couple weeks this season. It's nice that with the Universoul bulls on the show this week there are three full rings of elephants.

I sent an email to the CB road office regarding Mr. Logan when Buckles posted this message.

Ben Trumble

Anonymous said...

Buckles, exactly what year did you and your family retire from the Circus business?? You said before that you spent 19 seasons on the Big Apple (that meaning 19 years?) Just interested in knowing when it was? Must have been after you went to help out the Blue Show after Ted died in 1994-1995?

Anonymous said...

does anyone know who works the elephants on the garden brothers circus?


thanks
Greg

Buckles said...

We supplied various elephant acts for Big Apple Circus for 19 years 1982-2000.
However during he same period we also had elephants at Circus World Museum, Catskill Game Farm, Cicus Vargas, Tommy Hanneford, RBBB, etc.
We retired in the fall of 2003 after 3 seasons with Univesoul Circus.

GaryHill said...

Yesterday was the Carson and Barnes and today was the Culpepper and Meriweather show. Nice little show with friendly folks. Mike and Carol Rice with Camels, horse and dogs and pony. Shane Johnson with the tigers. I took tons of pictures and told them I was going to send them to Buckles so I'll try, just hope I don't screw them up. I lost a few of them for some odd reason? My son told me to take the camera to Wally World (WalMart) to see if they can put them on a disc. Again CM nice show just need a new top! Glad it didn't rain cause we would be wet!

GaryHill said...

Ben, Tim has 7 big elephants and the one little male. Randy and him only used rings one and two. Hey Shaz, Randy said to say "HELLO", so Hello!

Anonymous said...

Please keep us informed as to how Mr Logan is doing, as you find out. BTW, when did RBBB leave Venice as their winter quarters? Anyone?