Thursday, February 23, 2006

Kelly-Miller Circus1944 #4


Evalina Rossi, Gus Kenerva and Inez Sweet in front of a bull truck.
You will notice the steps at right which I always called, living in "semi-retirement" or sleeping in the front of the bull truck. Barbara, Ben and I lived in such quarters the first year or so we were married and my folks put in a life time in such arrangements. Actually something like this would far exceed the lower berth provided on the Cole Show.
In fact, living in the "crummy" was occasionally much less of a problem than the bus we still own which can be a scientifically designed pain in the ass.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My bed was a mattress on top of the meat freezer for my Leopards. OH if that compartment could talk. The best years of my life. I know what you mean by motor homes being a pain in the a*^. Later in life we started camping in Colorado. Beginning with a tent and moving upscale every year to motor homes. The fun and thrill went out of camping. You night as well stay home. Give me the simple life is not just a show. It truly is the best life anyone can have. Just read this blog and the happy lives we all led and wish for again.

GaryHill said...

One more day Rebecca.

Anonymous said...

I live just one day at a time Gary. This past week has been really tough. If it were not for my animals I would just let go. Gloomys have really taken over.

B.E.Trumble said...

Buckles, these are wonderful pictures.