Sunday, October 30, 2005

New Heading

I had completely forgotten that Jimmy Cole took the above picture while visiting me with the Polack Show in Albany in 1966 almost 40 years ago. He says that he distinctly remembers me saying at the time that if the picture turns out OK, I might use it on my Blog Site some day.
The elephants are "Kae", "Jean", "Anna May", "Millie" and "Opal".
The most remarkable thing about this picture is that when Shannon showed it to me after he had erased the audience and ring curb, I was horrified to see that he had also erased Kae's tail. Rather than do the whole thing over again, he simply clicked on to Jean's tail and slid it over.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great heading Shannon. Your computer wizardry adds to the site (and amazes me who's happy to handle basic e-mail and solitare.)
About Kae: Mac added her to the act in what year? She was a "clown" in the act doing a kind of reverse mount, hind legs on Opal's back, in the long mount. You also trained her for a hind-leg walk going backward.
Jim A.

Buckles said...

"Kae" was added in 1960 and was pretty small. It was "Opal' that mounted "Kathy" using her hind legs, "Kae" then mounted on "Opal's" head.

Anonymous said...

John Goodall writes:
Your new heading is fabulous plus the colors on each entry. Well done.

Greg said...

shannon for the header to remove that border put border="0" in img tag.

greg

Greg said...

good banner

TheShaz said...

I did all the work on dad's PC - for added protection I have him using Firefox. Strange thing the purple border doesn't show on Firefox but does show on IE.

I'll change that soon.

BTW - I'm not finished :-)

Anonymous said...

I just figured out what btw means. By The Way. God I think I am getting the hang of this. Haven't figured solitare yet. Is that the card game? Spent many hours at that LONG ago. No time now. Is it twice as hard to teach an elephant to be funny? They must get confused when you ask them to play it straight with another herd.

TheShaz said...

I scanned the picture and modified it by taking the background out then adding some filters that made it look like it was painted.

Pretty cool, if you see the full size

But I had to shrink the image to fit in the title area so you really don't see the effects.

The next "Gimmick" to be added will be a "Recent Posts" list on the side bar area. When added it will show the last 10 comments by readers posted on the site.