Friday, September 09, 2005

Wallace Bros. Circus 1941/ Side Show


Ray Rogers brought his show from Canada (Barnett Bros. Circus) into the States in the late 1920's and established a quarters in York, S.C. we were with the show in the late 30's and early 40's and over the past year I have sent out a lot of pictures of the Rogers, Hartzells, MacIntoshes, Knights, etc. from that show.
Consequently I was contacted by Sharon MacIntosh from Canada via the Internet seeking information about her family and other Canadians who had originally been with the show. Recently she inquired about Chester and Sylvia Gregory and here is a 1941 photo after the title had been changed to Wallace Bros.
At left is Charlie LaByrd, my dad (Side Show ticket seller at the time), the man in the ticket box is unknown and Chester Gregory the Side Show manager.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buckles, do you have any pictures of the Lunsfords, either from the Wallace show or others? Red had a few old photos, but most were not identified & many were lost after his death. carol

Buckles said...

I remember the Lunsfords but not from the Wallace Show, much later.
I'll look and see if I can come up with something.
I see on the CHS Web Site an inquiry about Texas Tommy. I have several of the white dogs.

k8ikh9 said...

Do you have any info or pictures on the knight family. I am looking for ellen kinght. she married (paul or allen knight). His family was all into performing for the circusl. Ellen was the wire walker.