Friday, September 23, 2005

Prince El Kigordo and "Caesar"


This is the Prince when he came on the Polack Show in 1967. He followed Pat Anthony who had been with Polack for a long time and a tough act to follow since it had plenty of action.
Prince was more entertaining in the back yard, always had a joke and a story, I thought he was great.
My dad said a lion trainer should have a red uniform with gold frogging and plenty of medals, a handlebar mustache, a full head of hair like mane on a lion and leather boots above the knee. In that fashion the Prince would have been perfect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing Prince EK on Polack (I think) in Oakland in the mid-60s. It was a classic fighting act (ala Pat Anthony, Beatty)
However, I also remember seeing Tarzan Zerbini for the first time also at a SF Bay Area Shrine date. Can't believe both cage acts would have been on the same bill. Did Polack carry two cage acts in that period, Buckles?

Buckles said...

I'm not aware that Tarzan was ever on the Polack Show tho he may well have been in SF and it's unlikely they ever carried two cat acts.
We played a number of tight places such as thraters, gyms, etc. where they were lucky to squeeze one cat act in.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Buckles. The ol' memory must have been playing tricks on me.