Saturday, September 10, 2005

Parade Vehicles


My father's first love was parade wagons but thru some genetic defect I never found them that compelling. When I first started sending out material a year ago I culled them out and filed them away by show as well as I could but a large number were unidentified such as the one above. I'm guessing between one and two thousand overall.
I think I'll haul them down to the CHS Convention next year in Sarasota and try to get them identified, then set up a stand across the street from the Tibbals Exhibit and peddle them.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You probably have never been to the Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Yes, their floats are top of the line, but the trucks floats that follow the big name parades on Fat Tuesday are made by local working-class yocals who get together and decorate their truck for this parade. Your dad would have loved it! It's great. Also, I wanted to thank you, Buckles. I have family and friends in the Greater New Orelans area, and this website is a dose of good medicine amist all the horror and tragedy coming out of the Gulf Coast. Thanks...