Friday, August 26, 2005

William Woodcock Sr. #1


My dad wrote on the back of this picture "Charles Woodcock, born in England, died at Hot Springs. Ark. 1919, father of Bill Woodcock Sr." and that is the sum and substance of what I know about my grandfather. As you can see they were not "touchy-feely" people.
Oddly enough, most of what I learned about my Hot Springs relatives came from a High School teacher Mrs. Beasley who turned out to be related and told the story of how as a little girl she had locked herself into an upstairs bathroom and my fathed climbed up and thru the window to unlock the door,
When I was a year old I became very ill and my mother whisked me away to Hot Springs where my grandmother nursed me back to health. Her name was "Matty" and my father was very devoted to her.
Upon her death she left us her home which was retained until I got out of school then we moved to the Good Christian State of Oklahoma where both my parents are buried and we will shortly follow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats this shortly follow business? Life is just beginning to get interesting. All the hard parts are over. Now we just enjoy and tell what we have learned to the younger generation. Thats me. I could read your blog for another 20 years, and I plan to and you know I always get my way.

Anonymous said...

Your dad looks more like his adopted father then his blood father.