Sunday, May 04, 2008

From Jack Ryan


gunther1971, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

Buckles,

Have greatly enjoyed the Clyde Beatty thread, here's another of the greats.

This, I think, was 1971. All I can figure is that Gunther must have had an argument with Don Foote. Why ELSE would he be put in pink tights for the season? Only a few men I know could have gotten away with pink tights. Gunther was one of those who could.

This was in St. Pete, where the annual Ringling network telecast was taped. (And, where we took most of the year's publicity photos because the lighting was brighter and greatly enhanced.) I had done the opening in Venice, flown back to NYC for further instructions, then just arrived back to the show in St. Pete and was greeting Gunther in the backyard. He looks almost as tired as I was!

Best,

Jack

0 comments: