Thursday, April 24, 2008

From Eric Beheim

Hi Buckles,

I’ve been noticing that my last few comments to the daily Blog have not been posted. I did use my Blog sign-in and was able to preview my comments before sending them. (Perhaps the blog program is able to filter out trivial and the uninformed comments!) In any case, here is the comment that I submitted this morning for Barnum & Bailey #2:

Speaking of massed camels, the 1939 film THE FOUR FEATHERS has a spectacular sequence where the “Fuzzy-Wuzzy” army charges a British position. The charge was filmed as one long tracking shot, and as it picks up speed, the camera car manages to keep ahead of it. Eventually, the massed camels are going flat-out in one of the most amazing scenes ever filmed. (What makes it more exciting is the fact that it is all real.) The 1939 FOUR FEATHERS is one of the all-time great adventure films. Don’t confuse it with the recent PC remake.

Eric

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Eric, And that is exactly what I meant in my comments. I don't know if Buckles posted that as well. Yes I am old enough to have seen it in theaters and never miss it on TV re-runs. Its just great and the scenes you describe are fabulous. The Laurence of Arabia is very good as well. Enjoyed your comment and will look forward to seeing it once again. Its a classic and in color as well.