Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Jean Allen #1


Jean Allen was the top Elephant Empress on her day, she was Jewish (I believe her maiden name was Fisher) she later went to the Dailey Show in the early 1940's with the understanding she would have a hand in the Concession Dept.
This was a fortunate occurance in more ways than one, she eventually became a very successful concessionaire and along the way showed Barbara how to skinny up on an elephant.
I think you can see the similarity in their style. I have been told by several ladies however that Barbara's greatest accomplishment was getting the Empressi out of those Majorette boots.
Maybe that's true but I couldn't say.

5 comments:

Bob Cline said...

Good Morning Buckles,
Is Jean Allen the wife of Eddie Allen? Isn't she one of the people that helped teach Barbara? I believe I read that recently but could be wrong about that. She definitely has the "Soft Hands".
Bob

Buckles said...

Bob, you are right all the way.
You are ahead of me this morning, I don't even have the dialogue added yet.
I received another one of those Ken & Nicole reviews and had Shannon forward it to his work place since he was in a hurry and will add it to the Blog from there.

Anonymous said...

I never did understand why the women on Kelly Miller wore those boots. UGLY The ones Jean Allen have on in this photo do go with the wardrobe she is wearing. Times do change.

Anonymous said...

If memory serves me right, Jean Allen was also giving pointers to Little Bob Stevens daughter , Kathleen, on how to do mounts on the Hagen show elephants which Little Bob purchased from Howard Sueze down in Alamo, Texas- Winter quarters. Freida, Terry, Punk were the girls names. I think around 1963 or 64?

Anonymous said...

"FREIDA" the famous?