Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Memories of Ben #1 (From Barbara)



Last Sunday was the first time,(in four years) that I have been able to celebrate my birthday. As this time of the year has been too painful for me to even think about it. Ben passed away two days after my birthday. So having good friends & family was so very important to me. Thank you all. I will never forget that special day, that everyone gathered on such short notice to help me have such a special day. I didn't cry once. I laughed, and that is the way Ben would have wanted it.....


NOW TO GET DOWN TO BUSINESS. I have been gathering up Ben's childhood pictures. Buckles and I wanted to share with our friends & family these photos on the blog to celebrate our son's life.....This picture I remember so well, we were with World Of Mirth and Ben had disappeared, I looked everywhere for him. Then I heard this weird noise, I followed the sound and there he was up on the bally platform. He had a huge crowd gathered around. Just like the other "Barkers". He was 19 months old and didn't talk very well. I was entranced, and did not know that a newspaper reporter was taking that picture....It was a lovely moment.......

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Barbara, what a wonderful tribute to Ben. Thanks for sharing.

Chic Silber said...


If only he wasn't so shy

Paul Gutheil said...

Priceless !

Paul

Harry Kingston said...

Barbara, thanks for sharing with us fans.
I can hear Ben,
There all alive on the inside and for a 1/10 part of a dollar you see 10 shows for the price of one.
I am one of the small folks inside, along with the fat lady the circus giant, serpintina the snake lady, come one come all everybody welcome.
Harry in Texas

Unknown said...

Dear Barbara, we have never met but we have something in common. I come from a Circus family and use to work the animals and our elephants ( Kelly Morris Circus) in the 1950's. I just ran across this blog, ( save most all your husbands blogs but just saw read this one I also lost my boys. Age 23 and 36 so I can relate to your pain. sometimes it helps to know you are not alone.
Jo Bernie Morris Weaver