Wednesday, August 05, 2009

From Buckles #3


Scan11944, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

I met Jack Badal when I was out West with the Polack Show, Scott Riddle introduced him to me while visiting the LA Zoo.
In 1967 Jack purchased an small elephant he called "Anna" and did an incredible job with her. Booked her on quite a few local dates in LA and later sold her to Tijhani in 1969.
He later bought this gorilla which performed as well.
I'm sure he has long since retired from the zoo, maybe Eric Beheim or Bob Kellogg could shed some light on this.

2 comments:

Jim A. said...

Ramar is now at the NC State Zoo in Asheboro. A proven breeder but not sure how many offspring. I remember seeing him work as a little guy on some TV show. Can't remember any particular tricks but that he worked fast -- like if an elephant guy trained a gorilla.

Roger Smith said...

Jack was a regular visitor at Jungleland.

He wrote a book on Gargantua, a copy of which I do not have.