Monday, July 21, 2008

Added Bonus Picture!


Scan10457, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

Three men out standing in their field!
When I first started working props for our family elephant act I soon discovered that I had other talents.
Here am I leading camels for Jack Joyce.
At left is Harry Haag Jr. and at right (in what looks to be my robe) is "Red" (I forget his last name) the groom for Joe Zoppe's riding act.
I think this was taken in Evansville during the period the current arena was under construction.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The groom named Red, yes had red hair AKA Ross Holland, who became one of the Zoppe tribe also rode in the riding act for several years he still resides in Rochester, IN where the winter quaters of the old Cole show once was,I belive one of his sons ownes the old home stead from the Zoppe's where the big tall practice barn still stands on old Rt.31.some fond memories growing up around that place. Red still resides in Rochester, IN. Quite a character indeed.