Thursday, February 14, 2008

BAC cookhouse Fall 2007


BAC cookhouse Fall 2007, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

Please excuse the warped pole that results from a merged pair of
pictures created to show much of the shiny interior of this season's
Big Apple cookhouse, seen here while at Dulles Town Center last fall.
As can be deduced, it is a semi trailer with a push-out side to create
the seating area. Still good food! I recall a wonderful cake so my
only frustration was that dessert wasn't served often enough (or
perhaps gone by the time when I got to eat!).
Dick Flint
Baltimore

5 comments:

Buckles said...

When I was on the show the cakes were compliments of fans Mr. & Mrs. Glen Goggins from nearby Woodbridge, Va.
You surely must know them.

Anonymous said...

When I was on BAC I had a running joke with Chef Ray. When entering I would say, "I understand we have vichyssoise today". One day, when we were near Carson & Barnes, Ray said "Today, for you I made vichyssoise" and he had. Later when visiting with fiends on C&B one asked, "what's the Big Apple cookhouse like?". So, I said "well, today we had vichyssoise".

Anonymous said...

I'll wager the day before wasn't Spam and eggs.

Buckles said...

Everything looks about the same.
Pee Wee has put on a little weight.

Raffaele De Ritis said...

Well, it seems that they finally changed that trailer. If this is true, I still can't believe.
But the food was not so bad.
I remember that after my first year in Walden, when back in Italy I had to upgrade my clothes' size for the first time in my life.
The following two years I cooked myself in the trailer (getting almost daily reservations for my italian espresso and pasta).